Criminal Defense Investigator | Tacoma, WA
Dedicated Criminal Defense Investigator needed to support private law office defending military courts-martial, Law Office of Jocelyn C Stewart, Corp. Tacoma, Washington.
Investigator will engage in collaborative efforts with attorneys to develop investigation plans for worldwide military clients. Travel, at firm expense, will be required.
- Conduct interviews of witnesses and clients
- Write reports when requested
- Gather physical and documentary evidence
- Conduct computer assisted and social media relevant backgrounds.
*** Those without intimate knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. need not apply. ***
– Organizational skills required and must be detail oriented.
– Minimum Bachelor’s degree and 5 years experience as investigator.
Experience in military cases preferred but is not required. If no experience in military cases, must be willing to learn differences in military procedure. Bilingual preferred. Prefer not to supplement with additional investigation efforts outside of the work given by firm, but may be negotiable. Compensation based on experience.
Please submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
3L Intern Position | Tacoma, WA
We are seeking a law clerk / intern. The law clerk / intern will assist attorneys who handle contested military courts-martial; court-martial appeals; military administrative hearings; military reprimand responses; as well as other matters related to the practice of military law.
All applicants must be rising 3L currently enrolled at an ABA accredited law school. Litigation experience (in or out of law school) is preferred, but not necessary. This position entails consistent litigation support; requires above average legal research and writing skills; and will provide the opportunity for motion practice under the supervision of the attorneys. Additionally, applicants should possess strict attention to detail, strong written and verbal communication skills, and the desire to stand up for service members. No compensation. May be able to obtain credit hours at UW Law School.
Job Responsibilities: Litigation support; preparation administrative hearings; legal research and writing; drafting of pleadings and motions under the supervision of an attorney; and clerical work. Proactively support attorneys in all facets of military law cases from beginning to end. Work with a team to provide the best support for and to help obtain the best results for military clients worldwide.
Hours : Hours will be flexible and negotiable. However, applicant will be expected to work at least twenty (20) hours per week.
- Must be a rising 3L currently enrolled at an ABA accredited law school;
- Proficient in legal search engine(s);
- Impeccable professional reputation;
- Ability to work with client confidences and not judge clients;
- Possess the technical skills where innovative programs can be quickly learned;
- Excels in a team-based approach and willing to complete directives;
- Superb verbal and written communication skills;
- Litigation firm experience (whether in or out of law school) is preferred, but not necessary;
- Bilingual, though not necessary, is a plus.
Response to Posting : Please put “Law Clerk / Intern” in the subject line when responding to this post.
Job Type: Internship
Please submit resume and recent writing sample to: email@example.com