Now accepting applications for UCMJ defense / military administrative lawyers.
Materials must be submitted NLT 15 February 2023, but will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Questions to be answered after submission of applications, if you receive an initial interview.
Prior military legal experience required.
Please send each component of your application <here>
DO NOT include any salutations, information, or signature blocks in your application email. The email should be entitled “Application for Attorney Position”
Please Save each part of your application into one PDF portfolio, with each subpart labeled as follows: Cover Letter, Resume, Legal Writing Sample.
Include a cover letter with the following information at minimum:
- your name,
- contact phone number,
- contact email address (not .mil),
- branch of service,
- number of contested cases litigated to verdict in front of a panel,
- number of contested cases litigated to verdict in front of judge alone,
- number of admin sep boards where contested misconduct,
- number of boards where obtained retention,
- installations where you litigated cases / executed boards (specifying whether as TC or DC, recorder or respondent’s counsel)
- months as a TC, months as a DC,
- when you expect to be off active duty,
- where you intend to reside,
- 3 references for individuals who have seen you in court and know your professional reputation with their personal contact email addresses and cell phone numbers,
- a description of the most impactful training you have received,
- and a full explanation of an injustice you’ve witnessed / encountered and how that experience has shaped your world view.
Resume with all prior work experience (military, legal, non-legal, college, etc. including month/ year it occurred).
Legal writing sample that you authored yourself (e.g. military motion you originally authored with no cut and paste, Memo in response to notice of elimination, Response to reprimand) redacted of PII.