Are you the type of person who enjoys supporting a team who use their knowledge, experience, and passion to fight for the “little guy”?
Our firm places ourselves between our clients and the weight of the U.S. government to protect fundamental rights and the sacred service of military men and women worldwide. We are looking for another teammate to join us who:
- Is highly organized
- Is able to talk to people who are really in crisis, and can be a calming presence for them
- Can guide clients and their loved ones to goals efficiently while displaying empathy
- Is personable but professional
- Has the unique ability and passion to help people in desperate times
- Will be reassuring as first point of contact
- Can refocus loved ones by helping them stay focused vs getting stuck in their emotions
- Wants to make a difference in the lives of our clients, their families and friends, and make a significant overall impact in the community
If so, we want you on our team.
Law Office of Jocelyn C Stewart, Corp., a firm composed of civilian defense counsel and paralegal professionals, fights for the rights of servicemembers worldwide. Veteran-owned, veteran operated, and veteran dedicated. We are looking for an administrative assistant to organize our efforts to optimize results for our clients who’ve dedicated their lives in service to the nation.
Responsibilities for this job include, but are not limited to:
- Track new potential client requests for consult
- Schedules requested client consults
- Returns voicemails
- Follows up with potential clients regarding fee agreements
- Drafts fee agreements
- Sets calendar reminders and tasks on cases
- Schedules witness interviews
- Schedules client meetings
- Fields client requests for update
- Follows up on signatures for fee agreements and payment
This is an opportunity to be an independent voice for uniformed justice. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to help men and women who answered the call to serve. Will you answer our call? Will you help serve those who serve the country at home and abroad?
** IMPORTANT: TO APPLY **
You will be evaluated and vetted based on your ability to follow instructions.
Do not apply through the contact information on the website.
Please email a cover letter and a resume <here>
In the cover letter, answer the following questions:
- What is your personal connection to / history with the military?
- Outside of faith and / or family, what is your passion in life?
- What is the greatest challenge you have overcome?
- What professional achievement are you most proud of and why?
- What papers or photographs are pinned to your refrigerator and why?
- What are your salary requirements?
Other requirements and expectations:
- 0-2 years of experience
- Pleasant personality and strong work ethic
- Willingness and ability to learn quickly
- Fundamentals of Word, Excel, and Adobe
- General Internet technology
- With training, use acuity scheduling and basic case management software
A few benefits you’re sure to enjoy:
- Independent and respectful work environment
- Telework from any quiet and secure location
- Some flexibility on work hours
Why You Should Work Here
- Team known for integrity and respect
- Recognized leader in the field
- Highly Reputable
- Among the few firms who have lasted and maintained our reputation
- Job security if you live our values – we are not going anywhere
- Extremely client focused while ensuring you are treated with courtesy and respect
- Highly selective about cases we take – no clients will ever abuse our staff
- Practice a continuous high level of service
- We right wrongs by fighting for the wrongfully accused
If you’re looking for a job that’s boring and easy, you won’t find that here. We put 110% into everything we do. Greatness is achieved through hard work, discipline, and sacrifice, and we’re determined to be great.
We’re not crazy; we just believe in what we do.
If you’d like to be part of a nationally recognized, collaborative and downright badass team, then we can’t wait to hear from you
About Law Office of Jocelyn C Stewart, Corp.
We are committed to providing quality representation from day one. The pretrial investigation is crucial in every court-martial case. At the heart of every effort to stop an investigation from becoming a charged case is investigation. Unlike many of our competitors, the Law Office of Jocelyn C Stewart, Corp. focuses from day one at running a collateral investigation to understand the state of the government’s evidence and to attempt to find evidence the government has yet to uncover. The firm’s ability to make the most significant impact is linked to how early clients find us. Investigation is the most important aspect of any case preparation and in many cases, is the best opportunity to stop a case before it is charged. However tempted a service member may be to wait and “see what happens” most often it is a mistake to wait.
Don’t wait to see whether you can become a member of this impeccable and courageous team.
Video About Who We Are and Who We Serve: