I want to sell my gun to another servicemember, and we both live on post. Do we have to go through a gun dealer?

A: Yes. In all likelihood, even if both servicemembers live on a base, private party sales and transfers will be governed by military regulation. Military regulation routinely outlines that any sale between members must follow the surrounding state law. In many if not most states, state laws (like Washington) require that the sale go through a licensed dealer.

Our Practice Areas

Being a former service member herself and working exclusively on military cases, Ms. Stewart has amassed experience to help in the following areas of the UCMJ:

What Our Clients Say

When faced with the decision of hiring a UCMJ specialist, Ms. Stewart’s former clients explain all that is necessary about her commitment to their case and her expertise in handling the toughest legal battles. Learn more about her unique abilities in the words of her clients, peers, and military judges.